The exact aftercare needed is based on your tattoo and will be explained to you by your tattooer after the procedure.
In general, you can follow these steps:
• Leave the wrap on for 2-4 hours
• Wash your hands with a mild soap and remove the wrap carefully
• Wash your tattoo with the same soap and rinse off with warm water (not too hot)
• Carefully pat dry with a paper towel. Make sure not to rub or use paper that disintegrates in contact with water (toilet paper for example)
• Use a thin layer of Hustle Butter or Bepanthen ointment to keep the skin moisturized. Don’t overdo it as the skin needs to breathe in order to heal!
Follow this routine for roughly ten days, or however long your tattooer has recommended for your specific tattoo. The first few days you will need to wash and possibly rewrap a couple of times a day, after which you can switch to mornings and evenings only.
It is not unusual for you tattoo to start itching as the skin heals. Never rub or scratch at your scabs, as this will negatively impact the healed result!
Make sure to wear non-synthetic, non-frizzy and loose clothing during the first few days that your tattoo goes unwrapped.
Change your bedsheets regularly to make sure you and your tattoo sleep on a clean surface.
Do not swim or go to saunas for at least two to three weeks after getting tattooed. It’s important that your scabs are gone.
For any other questions regarding the aftercare, contact your tattooer or the shop!
Prices are based on a number of factors like the style, size, placement and complexity of the tattoo. Prices are therefor established per design. This is also why we can’t give price quotes unless we’ve had a chat with you in person to discuss your ideas and make sure there are no miscommunications about your wishes and expectations. Our minimum charge is €80.
However, please know that you are more than welcome to drop by anytime to discuss your ideas with a tattooer free of charge. We are happy to navigate you through the many possibilities and answer any questions you may have!